Monday, February 8, 2010

At a loss for words...

[photo-795740.jpg]


***WARNING- This is a full fledged rant (otherwise known as whining.)

Possible titles for this post:

What I did ALL afternoon.
Why I hate the Buies Creek Post Office.
This man should be fired.
Why government run health care will NEVER work.
Oh No He Didn't!

So this is not my first run in with the infamous Carl of the Buies Creek Post Office.  I don't have the energy to retell the tales of yore, but maybe one day when nothing exciting happens, I will rehash those deeply repressed memories.  

I am excited as I leave class.  "Done for the day, yeah!" I think as I skip to my car.  "Beautiful Nightmare" by Beyonce was stuck in my head, and I was humming along loudly enough for people to hear, but I didn't care.  Monday classes were over!  I remembered I had one little package to mail before heading to work for the day.  I danced over to my car to retrieve the package (I parked next to the PO, because Campbell has offered admission to 3 times as many student as there are parking spots, but I digress), so I just grabbed it and went into the PO.  That's when my joyful mood turned dark.  As I rounded the corner, to my dismay there was a line of 7 people in front of me.  To make matters worse, Carl, my PO arch nemesis was "working" the desk.  I use the term "working" loosely, because it was more like the line of people were interrupting his phone call (typical).  I was so irritated, I just wanted to get out of there and get to work!  But I waited patiently, because that is what Jesus would have done.  

Now it's not like Carl was on the phone with the president of the United States.  I could understand that. No, I heard him say "oh girl, no she didn't" and "she said what?" and "well that is the last time I'm going out with them if they are going to be like that".  As my blood pressure spiked to unhealthy levels, I just tried to control my flash-rage temper.  I did my deep breathing exercises, and prayed that God would help me to not shout "Get of the phone!!!" I had decided that I would not allow Carl to wait on me whilst he was chit-chatting about last weekends events.  I didn't want to make a scene, but this was the last straw for me.  God graciously allowed Carl to hang up while he was helping the person in front of me.  God knew that I was being tempted beyond my ability.  

I Corinthians 10:13 (ESV)

God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Why is Carl so lazy and rude to customers?  Because he can be.  He has no incentive to do better.... and the rest of this rant is for another day...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

PO... Post Office? More like Prevention Office... prevents you from celebrating the end of a Monday! So, celebrate now. You've dropped off your package and don't need to return to that office for a few more days (at least). Celebrate with cupcakes! Gluten free, of course. :)