Most of you know that I work at church on Sunday. Due to some obnoxious character flaw, I insist on being the first person there on Sunday morning. I think I just like it nice and quiet, to get my stuff ready for the chaos to come. So that means I usually arrive by 7am, at the latest (there have been nights when I can't sleep, that I'll just go up at 4am to get started...) This means by 2pm I am absolutely exhausted by the happenings of the morning.
So every week I come home and take a nap. I set my alarm, and drift off to sleep. I love to sleep, it's one of my favorite things to do. And on Sundays, I give the dogs a special treat, and let them nap in my bed with me. (That is sure to stop when Jeff gets home...) That is the love part.
My 1.5 hour
nap usually turns into a 5-6 hour
nap snooze, and I wake up in a panic that I have wasted a whole day. I perpetually need to clean the house, do laundry, do dishes, and STUDY, so I wake up hating myself for sleeping so long. Then I have officially thrown off my circadian rhythm for the next few days by sleeping all day Sunday...
Oh Sunday nap, how I love hate you!
No comments:
Post a Comment